Tuesday, July 27, 2010

fully enjoy the last two days in OSU

Recently, we had more chance to learn about black people's culture. The visit to the "underground railroad freedom center"in Cincinate was really impressive for me, since this experience provided a much more direct feeling for me than any other types of chanals. And today, we had a chance to learn more about quilting as a kind of art. Maybe racial discrimination was or even is a problem in American society, but I believe that the situation is getting better for black people and equilty will belong to all races.
I found a poem of Shel Silverstein last night. It is called NO DIFFERENCE

Small as a peanut, big as a giant,
We are all the same size, when you turn off the light.

Rich as a sultan, or poor as a mite,
we all worth the same, when we turn off the light.

Red,black or orange, yellow or white,
we all look the same, when we turn off the light.

So maybe the way to make everything right,
Is for God to just reach out...
And turn off the light.



PS, as North Common is the dinning hall that we have most of our meal in, I feel greatly reluctant to leave it. So this afternoon, I spent a lot of time in it and tried to enjoy everything there. The following pictures are "artworks" of George and me.

No comments: