Tuesday, July 20, 2010

unforgettable experience

So many experiences have impressed me deeply since I have arrived in America. However, what impress me most is having a class with the local students.
When Mike told us that you would have a class with my students, I was really nervous. Before I come to America, I have never had classes with foreign students. I didn’t know what they would do and how they discussed in class. With uneasy mood, I attended the class. A black girl joined us and we began our discussing with introducing ourselves. Our talk is quite relaxed. We shared our interests and talked about two short stories that Mike gave us. As time went by, my anxiety was dispelled. At noon, we had lunch together and we met many other new friends. We just stood around the table, enjoying our food and the time we spent in talking.
“ language is no barrier. ” now I deeply believe in this phrase after the class. No matter where we come from and no matter what the color of our skin is. It’s easy to communicate with each other. Almost every American is willing to talk with you and make friends with you. All we need is speaking loudly and bravely.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm quite sure that the mood is pretty good.

Robert said...

I had the same experience with you. THe class seemed to be difficult at first, however I gradually found out that I was capable of handling American classes just like American students...

lucia said...

I find a lot of students have the same feeling with you, actually I think "you are doing great in class"(Mike said so). Remember language is used to communicate.

Mike Lohre said...

You did such a great job, Kiera, and you got over your nerves and were brave. Nice to see Robert felt the same, and that's the idea behind the blog, too: to post some things that maybe we don't talk about but that are true. Nice work!